one of my favorites
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups rolled oats
1 2/3 cups butterscotch chips (one bag)
a. preheat oven to 375 degrees
b. stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
b. in a large bowl, beat the butter, white sugar and brown sugar together.
c. add the eggs and vanilla, beating well.
d. gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until blended.
mmm...butterscotch chips
e. stir in the oats and the butterscotch chips.
f. drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
g. bake for 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges begin to brown.
(p.s. if you don't want to bake the whole batch, i like to roll the dough into balls before i freeze it, so when you do want to cook them, you can just pop them straight in the oven!)
(p.p.s. and then don't worry about the fact that half of your freezer is now filled with cookies and ice cream . . . )
notes: I erred on the side of 8 minutes in the oven, and it you don't like butterscotch chips, anything can be used (chocolate, heath bits, coconut, raisins, etc.). Also I used whole wheat flour and couldn't even taste a difference. With whole wheat flour and three cups of oats . . . these could be considered on the healthy range of the cookie scale, especially if you replace half the butter with applesauce. at least that's what I tell myself when I eat the whole batch in four days . . .
Brilliant Lynne, you are so fabulous, you never stop being my mentor. I love you and your cookies!
ReplyDelete