This is my life.
So. Many. Lines. There were actually three more turns of this line that are unpictured.
NYC is filled with a lot of people and that means a. lot. Of. Lines. It also means that you will probably spend the same amount of time parking as you do driving.
These pictures are from Port Authority Bus terminal and they were taken before the hurricane. (The three pictures at the end were taken POST hurricane.) It has only gotten exponentially worse since the hurricane. After two bad days in a row I have abandoned traversing midtown and reversed my commute to get a ride home with Kit every night. It takes a little coordination from us, but only takes an hour and I get to spend half of it with my wonderful husband instead of strangers standing too closely, talking too loudly, and smelling too strongly.
Plus giving me the stink-eye for no reason.
I really like NYC and think it's a great city.
HOWEVER.
Here's to the glories of the west: wide open spaces, large road shoulders, expansive parking lots and a reasonable population density. And perhaps the biggest plus: no one leaves/smears their dog's poop on the sidewalk.
(Nothing ruins your day like non-chalantly traipsing through someone else's dog's poop. I mean COME ON.)
Pickin' up what I'm layin' down?
Are you smellin' what I'm steppin' in?






No comments:
Post a Comment